FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A Practice of Healing
No matter what kind of shape you are in when you come to the practice, it should be a practice that helps one heal and become stronger, facilitating connection between body, mind, and spirit.
Ancient and Alive
Emerging from 'pre-history' — from a time long before the first known religions or belief systems — Yoga has unfolded through the ages, evolving alongside our own collective consciousness. As one may imagine, modern yoga looks very different today, than it did 5,000+ years ago. It truly is 'living' practice. Yet its objective remains the same: the achievement of Divine Union, or rather of "harmonizing oneself with the universe." In this way, Yoga may be understood as "the technology of aligning individual geometry with the cosmic, to achieve the highest level of perception.”
For some it is a journey to a better body, for others a journey towards a healthier mind, or deeper levels of peace. We are all eternal students when it comes to yoga. Each time we come to our mat, we learn. As we progressively open to higher levels of understanding, and deepen our connection with our most authentic self, we allow yoga to bloom through us into its true potential.
NOT a Religion
Although through its origins it has been interwoven with Hinduism and Buddhism, yoga itself is not religious, nor is it a form of worship! It is both a physical and philosophical discipline based on a subtle science, which provides instruction on using body, breath, and internal focus to reach elevated states of consciousness and well-being.
Yoga is beneficial for us on a multitude of levels. Here's how yoga transforms the physical body... starting the day you begin!
Immediately After Class
• improved brain function
• lower stress levels
• alter gene expression
• increased flexibity
After a Few Months
• lower blood pressure
• improved lung capacity
• improved sexual function
• reduced chronic neck pain
• anxiety relief
• relief from chronic back pain
• steady blood sugar levels (in people with Diabetes)
• improved sense of balance
After a Few Years
• stronger bones
• healthy weight
• lower risk of heart disease
However, you will also find that the benefits go way beyond the physical!
The prices for the Scheduled Weekly Classes are as follows:
60 Minute Class
$10.00 Single Class
$8.00 /Class for 5-Class Card ($40) -- must be used w/in 45 days of purchase
$7.50 /Class for 10-Class Card ($75) -- must be used w/in 60 days of purchase
$7.00 / Class for Haven Members
$12.00 Single Class
40 Minute Class
$5.00 for Meditation
The prices for Private Classes are as follows:
60 Minute Private Class
$45.00 for 1-3 people
+$10 for each additional attendee
Prices for "Pop-Up" Classes, Special Events & Workshops will vary, depending on offering & inclusions.
For Weekly Classes, please pay your instructor in cash before the beginning of class.
For Special Events, please pay either the event instructor (as noted) or at the Haven reception desk.
Yes. The Studio has a limited number of regularly cleaned & disinfected yoga mats, blocks and straps available. Additionally, instructors may bring props to share with their class (such as resistance bands, 'slo-mo' balls, etc.)
However, you are highly encouraged to bring your own mats and supplies (props, blankets, pillows, etc.) whenever possible!
• In order to maintain the cleanliness of the space, The Studio has a strict NO SHOE policy.
• For the peace of all, cell phones must be silent during class.
• Parking is available, both in the main Haven lot, as well as an additional "overflow" lot, within a short walking distance.
• All safety precautions per MINSA are followed. The yoga studio has double-doors that open for fresh air, as well as overhead fans. You may practice social-distance, as well as wear a mask until you are comfortably on your mat.
• There may be times when The Haven is closed during special "buy-out" events. All Studio offerings will be on-hold during these times. Advanced notice of this will be provided.